Monday, January 3, 2011

Cafe 1771

so this happened 2010 pa wahahahaha! so backblogged but oh well here's a shot in 2011!!!

It was a raket day at Megamall and my duty was off, then bumped into Joyce and Bordy at the CR, they said they'll be having dinner with my good friend Meme and my Best Employee Cathy Jordan, and Lui, so i asked if I can come and gladly they said yes! so we met up then headed to El Pueblo. Cathy saw this cafe online in which she recommended to us, It's new to me, so why not give it a shot. It's brought by the Chateau 1771 group which also brought Sentro


BEAUTIFUL FACADE


the moment we entered I was in awe! the place was beautiful in every inch of it! very beautiful indeed!!! it has a homey mixed with vintage feel





the books were real in fairness

sadly we just walked in and most of the fabulous seats are already reserverd (boooo) but we were seated comfortably naman near the bar!
 




were kinda lost there because most people who ate there were kind of old rich trust fund yuppies and couples having their anniversaries and we're just uhmmm kids wanting dinner hahaha, I think it's meant for the ADB crowd. Now let's tackl the food, the price is kinda up my alley (read: mahal) well for my allowance it is! hahaha buti na lang I had raket that day! hahahaha!

Organic Chicken in Potato crust their "house specialty"
Meme & Lui, Joyce & I, ordered this Organic Chicken each to share for 2, uhm how can i say it nicely, it was really bland and blah as in it lacks flavor, I don't know but it was a concensus among us that this dish was a total waste of money, don't eat rice with it because you'll be dying in blandness (ask Lui and Meme) so thank god that Me and Joyce ordered Pizza for carbs, let me explain later, as final verdict Andoks would be a better alternative and you can get two Andoks for the price of this half chicken 

Salbacho Pizza
This pizza was one of the most amazing pizzas I've ever tasted in my life, flavors just explode and mix in the mouth, eating it I was in pizza heaven this one is a must try! we joked that this was the "ulam" and the Organic Chicken was our rice yes that pizza was that flavourful and that Chicken was that bland.

Baked Eggplant rolls
Bordy and Cathy ordered this one and I had a taste of it, so this is another redeeming dish, it was really delicious considering it was eggplant, the melted Pecorino cheese on top tasted heaven

Fettucine Afredo uhm just normal nothing special

and oh Cathy ordered this Spaghetti with Capers which was intolerable to eat because it was freakin salty, and it doesn't look like that in real life just saying ok? 

Spaghetti with Sardines and Capers photo via clickthecity.com

so in general the food was just ok, there were ups and downs, but were most disappointed with the Chicken. I had more fun appreciating the place than eating the food and oh BTW they have fake Philippe Starck chairs, I asked one of the staff if it's Philippe Starck and with conviction said No hahahaha!

the fake Philippe Starck Chair

Oh and their loo is one of the cleanest most amazing pooping area in Ortigas

The Gang (L-R) Lui, Meme, Me, Joyce, Cathy, Bordy

Cafe 1771, El Pueblo

El Pueblo Real de Manila, Ortigas Center
Pasig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 631-7340


-A








No comments:

Post a Comment