Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thomasian Global Trade Expo

I received a text from Louise Malabanan regarding this event however it was like 2 weeks before the event! and before I knew it boom it was already tomorrow. so yuh I rushed to the event. It was the reunion of the Thomasian Student Leaders.




Yeah I'm a true Blue Yellow Thomasian, and yes I was a Student Leader, I headed one of the three highest student bodies at UST, together with this two other guys we were the three Kings (LOL).

(L-R) Cachi of CSC, Enzo of SOCC, Me of Central COMELEC during our dinner with the Rector at Spiral - Sofitel

I served as the Chairman of the Central COMELEC last AY 08-09, and I am thankful because somehow I am where I am now because of them, it was a difficult feat but I survived, and as a group we created history (you can read it at the Varsitarian here)

it was at the SMX convention center, the call time is around 5:00 PM for the registration and the program starts at 7:00 PM, It was around 6:45 PM when I arrived at the venue, I texted my "welcome party" however unfortunately I arrived there first because they were stuck in traffic. I've met up with Marie to check out the expo but shops were closed then there was this cooking quiz bee, oh by the way we also saw Sir Mike Peralta, so we headed to the venue


there were student leaders of all generations some from the 90's pa! at first there were no familiar faces, Badz was there to welcome me, then Myra (from SOCC) came

(L-R) Badz, Myra, Me

then my "welcome party" came with our dear father Atty. Chua

(L-R) Paul, Glenn, Charm

there was a raffle going on and I was really lucky that night first I won this Quadri T-shirt


then the bigtime and funny raffle came, they raffled 3 tigers, John Lapuz was there who knew he was a former Thomasian leader


he was freakishly funny!!! he raffled the Tigers then afterwhich he raffled the the leftover sandwiches and the "Frito Lay" chips. he also gave out additional chips because of his own awards such as "pinakamasikip na polo" award and the "mukha kang ahente ng encyclopedia" award hahahaha

oh by the way Myra and I won 2 of the three Tigers


then Mengo came verrryyyy late!


my Kids (they all worked under me when I was Chairman) so proud of them
 then came the rest of our brothers and sisters from SOCC came

(L-R) Me, Enzo, Cathy
Central COMELEC Family Picture with Mommy Nette and Atty. Chua

so it was a fun night overall I won a lot of stuff however the Tiger went home with Marie. Marie and I ate very late dinner like 11:00 PM late! we were supposed to eat at Romulo's but it was closed already, so we settled for Chili's

Tomtato Basil Chicken Pasta

Classic Beef Fajitas

funny after dinner there was this sampaguita boy who first asked us to buy from him "bili na po kayo ng sampaguita" then right after we ignored him then he said "it's better to give than to receive" boom yun na! Marie gave our takeaway

Day 2

this is the day that we actually checked the Expo to try to score some stuff. they said there was going to be a storm that day uhm the Sun was sky high!


anyways so we went to SMX again to look for some finds, we registered and went in


inside you can find everything from clothes to food to electronics to almost everything

Pirated DVDs?

Plants vs. Zombies on touch projector

Motorbikes

and something for Muri
and shoes that fell off a truck

we had this snack that everyone was lining up to, there were 3 stalls that sell the same potato but we just discovered stuff a little too late that day



I scored a walking short and a shirt from a foreign brand called Insight, and both of us bought a Vamos shirt, and that's it not too much shopping. then we just went food tripping, I bought Takoyaki, then we saw this Ilocos empanada stall, bought a piece each and ate at the carpark because there were no seating elsewhere




it was steamy and yummy because it was made fresh! yummmm! then we went to have dinner at Romulo Cafe but that's another post ok, overall TGTE was a success, congratulations to the organizers


-A



No comments:

Post a Comment