Saturday, October 16, 2010

USANA : 5 day RESET program

my very dear friend Anton let me try this program from the other thing she's enthusiastic about aside from her day job in which she believes will bring her a lot of money.  


(photo from the USANA website)


now let me tell you a bit of background of my experience of this company


Anton invited me to one of the lectures in the faraway land of Makati, Usana has a multi-level marketing plan (PINASOSYAL NA PYRAMID) that promises a lot of money to people, so yeah I went to their office but lo and behold I just found CHAOS, I entered their office and there were: 

1.) NO AIRCONDITIONING! MAINIT! SOBRANG INIT!!!

2.) NO AVAILABLE SEATING (which I think is part of their "marketing") 

3.) NO ONE available to discuss to me the business side of things (I asked Anton na siya na lang but I think she was reprimanded)

there was this guy who was a graduate of Nursing from UST who talked to me and pointed out people who earns PHP 30K (including him in which by the way he doesn't look like earning it)  and some people up to $ 1000 A WEEK (too good to be true right?). In my mind that's a lot of bull but he convinced me to stay for a little bit to hear the lecture, however no one was available nga! so they let me seat in this room AGAIN with NO AIRCON! I waited and waited for around 30 minutes then I gave up! I stormed out and said to the Nursing guy "I'm sorry but I have a 9:00 AM flight tomorrow and I can't wait" (that was before my Boracay trip) I told my friend sorry but if your promising me 30K weekly you could have at least afford a DECENT AIR CONDITIONING UNIT! AND IF YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE DON'T LET THEM WAIT. so this just made Laverne's theory even stronger that it was a scam (it was Lav's not mine).

even though with all the bad shit that happened Anton convinced me in our Boracay trip to try their products. so yeah I did, she talked me into this 5-day RESET program, that she promised will make me lose at least 5 lbs - 10 lbs.. in a week. so let the experiment begin. The program is not that simple mind you I almost died. so here are the few easy steps:



Anton sent me a PDF of the program and all and the stuff I need to know it looks promising right?


so me and Anton come to an agreement that I will buy a "Protein" shake called Nutrimeal that costs PHP 1520, a big bite on my budget since I don't have work and I rely only on my monthly allowance.


in which i placed in a baby milk container,

she also gave me these supplements called Proflavanol and Essentials.



in which i placed in this pill box from Saizen


I religiously followed the program however there are some stumbles i crossed upon, I also didn't stop smoking (no one told it's not allowed and that's the only think that kept me sane) so let the 5 day RESET begin.

DAY 1

my initial weight was 209 lbs. (yikes!)




as you can see at the instructions you need to put 3 scoops of the Nutrimeal, I followed it and when I placed it on my milk containers I noticed that the bag is already 1/3 empty, so I got bothered because Anton told me that it will last more than 5 days, but at the rate of 3 scoops a per meal per day IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE.  (if I'm lying sue me Usana!) in my mind played again that this whole thing is a scam because 1 bag of the Nutrimeal will not last you 5 days for the RESET program, so you need to buy 2 bags to religiously follow the 3 scoops a day, I texted Anton about my concern and she just said that i'll adjust it na lang, uhm nyek! so from that point i felt i was shortchanged. she also told me that I can eat one small meal a day and to drink lots of water.  so for what I ate:

BREAKFAST: Banana
LUNCH : KFC salad (the garden size Asian without the croutons)
DINNER: 2 quarters of Potato and a Cabbage leaf from a Beef nilaga

day 1 was hell, and I had shitty a day because of hunger.

DAY 2

so Day 2 came I weighed myself again, I weigh myself every morning wearing only underwear, after I pooped and after I peed so that there will be no residual weight from the other day, and my day 2 weight was 210 lbs.


shockingly it raised a pound, but I tried to be objective because it's still day 1 of results so probably it was just the beginning or the excess water weight, this day was better than day 1 probably my body was adjusting already.
 
BREAKFAST: Banana
LUNCH: Napoli's Salad
DINNER: Banana

guess which plate is mine

oh and during lunch I cheated by eating 1 strip of Chicken fillet with the tomato sauce, just a strip and nothing else. with due fairness i felt full every meal even though I was just ingesting few but let's also consider I drank lots of water every meal

DAY 3

my weight was 208.5 lbs. so 1 lost 1.5 lbs. not earth shattering though, I am expecting a little bit more from this day because it's 2 effin days of slavery of no food.  


this day I cheated again because I was at my cousin's condominium unit and there was this Pork floss from Singapore, so I ate 2 slices of bread with floss (mind you the bread was small) but that was my lunch already. and the program said I can eat a small meal a day!

BREAKFAST: Apple
LUNCH: 2 slices of bread with floss
DINNER: Apple

DAY 4


bummer back at 210 lbs? so will I blame it on the bread? this day was crazy! Laverne and I watched EAT, PRAY, LOVE and the effin EAT part at Italy killed me while watching it! seriously! I told Laverne "tangina naman nitong pinapanood natin oh" and Bern was eating one of my favorite food in the world JAMAICAN patty ughhhh!! the horror! I was really hungry after the movie so I had a snack. and as for what I ate:

BREAKFAST: Banana
LUNCH: Banana
SNACK: Teriyaki Boy Salmon salad
DINNER: Bigoli garden salad

 DAY 5


my weight after the 4 days is 209.5 lbs. so yeah bummer again! at this point I'm starting to lose hope for the effin program already. WALANG KWENTA says my mind. but still will try another day for the last time however even though I've adjusted my Nutrimeal to 2 scoops per meal the Nutrimeal pack was still NOT ENOUGH (hayyyyy)




and I thought it would last me 2 weeks, and didn't even last me 5 days hayyy give up!

BREAKFAST: Banana
LUNCH: 5 small pieces of gourd ("Upo")
DINNER: Apple

FINAL VERDICT

still 210 lbs.

IN MY OPINION AND BASED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (comes the blog-lashing) the whole 5-day RESET thing is a lot of CRAP, because I just deprived myself of food but nothing effin happened? as in ZERO! BOKYA! so that's it.  it's money down tha drain FOR NOTHING,   I am no member of any competing companies for Usana nor any scamming multi-level marketing, nor I intend to detract Usana, nor saying that don't buy from Usana (it's a free country buy at your own risk will) but things should be put into place, their business is based on products that ALLEGEDLY "work" and ALLEGEDLY backed up "scientifically" but I guess a business grounded from HONESTY is better. so before joining their easy money become rich scheme try their products first, DON'T RELY ON SHADY POWERPOINTS, and as for me NO THANKS!  I am not saying everything in Usana is a sham but BASED FROM EXPERIENCE THE RESET PROGRAM IS NOT WORKING (atleast for me). SO YEAH! SERIOUSLY I WANT MY MONEY BACK DIRECTLY FROM USANA (SO USANA I'M EXPECTING A CHECK)! USANA YOU SHOULD HAVE A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE OK? tell me something I did wrong and I shall issue an APOLOGY AND RETRACT everything. BUT AS OF NOW I STAND MY POINT THE THE WHOLE 5-DAY RESET PROGRAM IS A SHAM! I HAVE LOTS OF WITNESSES THAT I AM TAKING YOUR SHIT PRODUCTS OK!!! PROVE ME WRONG? BUT THIS IS A TESTIMONIAL THAT YOU SHOULD PUT ON YOUR EFFIN POWERPOINTS!!! THAT I AM ABADENZIO REXZY G. TABON II AND NOTHING HAPPENED TO ME!!! AND I'M RAISING MY MIDDLE FINGER TO YOU USANA!

TRASH IS WHERE IT BELONGS!



FOR EVERYONE IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, CHANCES ARE IT IS!


NOW I AM GOING TO EAT TWISTER FRIES! AND PIG OUT AT YAKIMIX!!!

-A






No comments:

Post a Comment